Welcome aboard the Essex Steam Train and River Cruise, the only steam train and riverboat connection in America!
Enjoy a delightful journey while you sit back and relax during the two and a half hour narrated ride along thirteen miles of scenic beauty and colorful New England Fall foliage. Continue on your journey aboard the Becky Thatcher, a Mississippi-style riverboat for an hour long+ cruise on the Connecticut River and enjoy the rich assortment of wildlife and romantic views. Your narrated trip will pass along historic sites such as Goodspeed Opera House and Gillette Castle. Upon your return, enjoy the experience of days gone by while listening to the melodic sound of the train whistle,
Train rides depart at 11am, 12:30pm and 2pm and we encourage you to book your tickets in advance as ticket availability is not guaranteed, and one week’s notice is requested.
THIS PACKAGE ALSO INCLUDES:
- A romantic 2-night stay at our quiet and relaxing Connecticut country bed and breakfast
- Complimentary bottle of wine to enjoy when you arrive
- Two FIRST CLASS tickets for a delightful fall foliage adventure aboard the Essex Steam Train Ride and Riverboat
- Complimentary three course breakfast served at your private tables in our elegant dining room
- Complimentary snacks, coffee and tea available afternoons during your entire stay
- Valid September 27 thru October 27, 2019