Fall Foliage Train Ride Through New England Package
Enjoy Fantastic Fall Foliage with a Historic Train Ride
Welcome aboard the Essex Steam Train and River Cruise, the only steam train and riverboat connection in America. Enjoy a delightful journey while you sit back and relax during the 2½-hour narrated ride along 13 miles of scenic beauty and colorful Connecticut fall foliage. Continue on your journey aboard the Becky Thatcher, a Mississippi-style riverboat for a 1 ¼ hour cruise on the Connecticut River and enjoy the rich assortment of wildlife and romantic fall foliage. Your narrated trip will pass along historic sites such as Goodspeed Opera House and Gillette Castle. On your return trip to historic Essex Station enjoy the experience of days gone by listening to the melodic sound of the steam train whistle, once a common occurrence throughout the country.
Our Fall Foliage Train Ride Through New England Package Features:
- A romantic 2-night stay at our quiet and relaxing Connecticut country bed and breakfast
- Complimentary bottle of wine to enjoy when you arrive
- Two FIRST CLASS tickets for a delightful fall foliage adventure aboard the Essex Steam Train Ride and Riverboat
- Complimentary three course breakfast served at private tables in our elegant dining room
- Complimentary snacks, coffee and tea available afternoons during your entire stay
- Valid September 7 – 27 (Friday-Sunday) and October 1- 22 (Thursday – Monday)
Package price starts at $450.00 + tax (based on double occupancy and room/dates selected).
Trains run 11 am, 12:30 pm, and 2pm. This is an extremely popular attraction during Connecticut fall foliage season. We encourage you to make your plans early as we cannot guarantee train ticket availability. At least one week’s advance notice is requested.