As we’re still in the heart of winter, we begin to yearn for spring, and all that comes along with it! A favorite thing to do is visit one of the best tulip farms in CT: Wicked Tulips Flower Farm in the nearby town of Preston. Three outposts of this local flower farm are owned by a husband and wife team with roots in Holland to Dutch tulip farmers. They are also dedicated to growing all organic and sustainable fields.
Exploring the colorful and expansive tulip farms in CT is such a romantic and fun outing to add to your itinerary. Not only do these rows of rainbows set the perfect backdrop for a memorable photoshoot, but when you visit Wicked Tulips, you get to pick a bunch to take home with you. The farm visits only last for a few weeks out of the year, so it’s best to plan ahead!
Start your Spring getaway with an amazing home base, Stonecroft Country Inn, one of the top-rated Mystic Bed and Breakfasts for a restful and relaxing retreat. Our charming historic Inn spans two buildings, the 1807 Manor House and our freshly renovated Yellow Barn structure. Either space offers ten beautiful guest rooms, and as a guest (especially those interested in tulip farms in CT), you’ll fall in love with our stunning garden property. Book your spring getaway today!
One of the Best Tulip Farms in CT & More Wildflowers
One of the best tulip farms in CT is located less than 20 minutes from our Mystic Bed and Breakfast—it’s also an incredibly scenic drive, and you might even spot a winery to stop by after the fields!
Here’s everything you need to know about visiting Wicked Tulips Flower Farm:
- The Preston Farm is the biggest location, making it one of the best tulip farms in CT to visit this spring! With over 750,000 tulips planted and more than 125 unique varieties for our U-Pick and show gardens, flower lovers will be on cloud nine as they tip-toe through the tulips.
- The projected start date, known as the Bloom Report, changes each year. Wicked Tulips is predicting an opening date in April of 2024. Last year’s season ran through mid-May.
- Tickets must be purchased in advance, and each adult (included in the pricing) gets to pick ten tulips as they explore the fields. Buy tickets here.
More Flower Walks in CT near our B&B:
If you still want to soak up more springtime after visiting one of the best tulip farms in CT, you can hit these beautiful nature areas.
- Denison Pequotsepos Nature Center: In April, you’ll find a lovely sea of Daffodils in bloom at this nature area and historic homestead. Along the hiking trails in the spring, there are delicate wildflowers to brighten your walk.
- Haley Farm State Park: This lovely nature area offers the perfect place for a peaceful wildflower walk this spring.
- Harkness Memorial State Park: Just a short drive from our Mystic Bed and Breakfast, this state park has beautiful curated gardens that put on a show come spring.
Our Elegant Mystic Bed and Breakfast This Spring
Nowadays, more and more couples are drawn to hosted stays, and our Innkeepers are experienced and knowledgeable guides. Our Bed and Breakfast in Mystic, CT, will be a memorable part of your adventure! Whether heading to New England for a romantic getaway, friend’s retreat, or solo adventure, you’ll find beautiful places to relax and refresh.
You’ll never forget the quiet, peaceful mornings, delicious breakfasts, and cozy evenings by the fire. Our picturesque location with rolling green lawns, ancient towering trees, and historic stone walls sets the tone. As you explore the charming maritime towns, historical landmarks, and tulip farms in CT, you can destress knowing that our lovely accommodations await your return.
When you visit our bed and breakfast in Mystic, CT, you’ll quickly see why so many of our guests keep coming back year after year. Whether it’s to celebrate significant milestones, anniversaries, or new chapters in their lives, everyone feels at home here. And if you’re a newlywed looking for a romantic honeymoon spot, our guest room accommodations are perfect for privacy, romance, and intimate moments. Book your room today!