Our charming small town in New England is as lively as it is filled with fun things to do! There also happens to be a long list of annual festivals in CT worth planning to check out this year. From garlic festivals, food-focused events, and farmers markets to summer concert series, Irish parades, and festive winter-time activities, there’s no shortage of unique adventures and activities to add to your itinerary in Mystic, Connecticut.
The Mystic Irish Parade is a local tradition we look forward to yearly to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in downtown Mystic. Many local establishments offer specials for the day, and there are plenty of great restaurants and bars to toast the holiday with beer in hand. Also, during the summer, our quiet seaside town comes to life with live music and culinary festivals in CT that are really worth experiencing!
Many of these festivals in CT span multiple days, and it’s even more of an exciting adventure when you plan for an extended vacation. Our Mystic CT Bed and Breakfast is the perfect place to stay this year! We’re just a quick drive to all the best things to do in downtown Mystic, but we’re set back on our quiet estate surrounded by woodlands and gardens. Our historic property offers a restful retreat after an exciting day of outings and activities. Check out our romantic lodging accommodations and book your room today!
The Ultimate List of Festivals in CT in Mystic this Year
As we start to look into the new year and begin planning our upcoming vacations, there’s a long list of festivals in CT to add to your calendar. There’s no better way to make your getaways stand out than adding a unique celebration or outing to the mix.
- Mystic Summer Concerts: The Summer Sounds concert series is one of the best ways to catch local musicians and enjoy our warm weather in Mystic River Park. This is one of the best festivals in CT each year!
- Mystic Half Marathon: This annual race takes place on a stunning course that begins and ends at Olde Mistick Village. You’ll pass the Mystic Seaport Museum, cross the Mystic Bascule Bridge, and head down Main Street, following along the scenic Mystic River.
- Mystic Farmers Market: There are a handful of great farmers markets around our area for local wares, artisan products, and fresh produce.
- Mystic Outdoor Art Festival: This is one of the most popular festivals in CT and the largest in Mystic, welcoming more than 100,000 visitors each year. It’s one of the best things to do in downtown Mystic for art lovers, as there’s a two-mile stretch covered in booths with artist’s works.
- Antique & Classic Boat Parade: Head to the Mystic Seaport Museum for one of the most impressive collections of antique boats. They will set sail and parade down the Mystic River for quite a show!
- River Jam Festival: The Mystic Shipyard hosts this annual festival in CT, showcasing live music from reggae and blues to rock and country bands.
- Mystic Irish Parade: This growing local tradition is all about Irish culture, with a fantastic parade in downtown Mystic and specials at the restaurants and bars around town.
- Mystic Garlic Festival: We love to eat in Mystic, and for this annual event, Olde Mistick Village comes to life with delicious versions of your favorite garlic dishes, fresh farmer’s market vendors, arts and crafts booths, live music, and more.
- Taste of Mystic: As one of our favorite food festivals in CT, this is the perfect outing for those who enjoy trying and tasting new things; you don’t want to miss this annual celebration of tasty meals.
- Winter Holiday Events: Mystic was recently voted as one of the most “Christmas-y towns” in New England and there was even a Hallmark movie filmed here! There’s the annual holiday-lighted boat parade, Santa visits, the festival of lights in Olde Mistick Village, and the Stonington lobster trap tree.
Book Our Mystic CT Bed and Breakfast Today!
Before filling your calendar with all of the best upcoming annual festivals in CT this year, start by choosing one of the best places to stay! Our Mystic CT Bed and Breakfast is the ultimate haven of relaxation. You’ll be pampered from the moment you check in until you’re on your way back home. Our dedication to hospitality is what truly sets us apart from other lodging options in the area, and you’ll have everything you need to reset and unwind during your stay at the historic Stonecroft Country Inn.
You’ll find only ten romantic guest rooms on our property, only adding to the secluded and private nature of choosing to stay at a small-scale, locally owned facility. Before you book, you can choose the historic charm of one of the four guest rooms in our 1807 house, all equipped with modern amenities while still maintaining the original architecture and details of our Mystic CT Bed and Breakfast. Or, if you’d prefer a more modern setting, our newly renovated barn building holds our other six rooms, all luxurious and fit for any romantic couple’s getaway.
Each morning, we’ll treat you to a delicious homemade breakfast with elegant preparations and locally sourced ingredients whenever possible. For example, in the summer, we’ll use blueberries right from our own garden! Breakfast is a perk included in your room rate, but we also offer a long list of add-ons and enhancements for those celebrating a special milestone or wanting to up the wow factor at check-in. Join us for one (or more) of these fantastic festivals in CT this year, and book your room today!