One of the most important parts of date night is an elegant meal, and there’s a lovely selection of romantic restaurants in CT near the Mystic area. Of course, this part of New England is known for its fresh seafood—oysters on the half-shell and the freshest catches of the day. The culinary talent in Mystic is impressive, and you’re bound to have some of the best meals during your visit, made even better with stunning views of the water and exceptional service.
A classic option for a romantic dinner in Mystic is always the Captain Daniel Packer Inne. This historic 1756 restaurant serves traditional New England cuisine with modern twists. Cozy up by the woodburning fireplaces, enjoy a craft cocktail, and on certain nights, there’s live music. This is just one of the great choices for a romantic dinner for two!
Before you start making reservations at the most romantic restaurants in CT, why not extend your date night and plan ahead for a weekend getaway at our bed and breakfast in Mystic for an unforgettable trip? Not only will we treat you to a beautiful breakfast each morning of your stay, but you’ll also experience some of the best hospitality and exceptional comfort in our elegant guest rooms. Every detail is taken care of so that you and your partner can sit back and relax. Book your room today!
The Most Romantic Restaurants in CT for Date Night
Sitting together, gazing across the table, sipping fine wine, and indulging in rich, creative dishes, all come together for a lovely date night! There’s no shortage of romantic restaurants in CT, especially in our charming maritime town of Mystic. Many of these elegant spaces offer beautiful waterfront views, unique cocktail options, fresh seafood, and the perfect ambiance for special meals together.
Here are our top eight most romantic restaurants in CT to try for your next date:
- The Oyster Club: This is one of the most popular restaurants in Mystic CT for oysters on the half shell, happy hour, and fresh seafood dishes. Find a cozy spot inside or during the warmer months, the treetop oasis, offers some of the best outdoor seating in New England!
- The Shipwright’s Daughter: Located in the historic Whaler’s Inn, this newer addition to the restaurants in Mystic made quite a splash when it came onto the scene, including high accolades as “Restaurant of the Year” from the Connecticut Restaurant Association. You’ll love the nod to Mystic’s maritime heritage in the design and find creative dishes with local seafood and ingredients.
- S&P Oyster Restaurant & Bar: With stunning views of the Mystic River Bascule Bridge, this is one of the most romantic restaurants in CT for fresh seafood prepared with a South American twist.
- Via Emilia: Often voted as one of the most romantic restaurants in CT, this is the best place for fresh pasta dishes and Italian fare near our bed and breakfast. The wine list is extensive, and you’ll love to choose a beautiful bottle to share over dinner.
- The Captain Daniel Packer Inne: While this historic space offers more of a casual English Pub vibe, the dark wood and firelight create a cozy ambiance for lively evenings out on the town. Enjoy traditional pub fare with seasonal ingredients and excellent service.
- Bravo Bravo: For contemporary Italian fare, this laid-back eatery offers a fantastic space for a relaxed dinner. All the pasta, sauces, bread, and desserts are made in-house!
- Red 36: This stalwart waterfront restaurant is currently closed for renovations, so we know that its space will be even more romantic and impressive when it reopens in mid-January 2024. Be sure
- Breakwater at Stonington Harbor: For a meal with views of the Stonington Harbor and the Fisher’s Island Sound, this is one of the most romantic restaurants in CT near our bed and breakfast. The atmosphere is perfectly modern as you dine on fresh seafood dishes and exquisite cocktails.
As a guest at our bed and breakfast in Mystic, be sure to join us for breakfast each morning! Feel free to ask your innkeepers for personalized recommendations during your stay.
The Best Bed and Breakfast in Mystic for Romance
You’ll find some of the most romantic restaurants in CT in our charming small town of Mystic, and when you pair your date nights with a memorable stay at our bed and breakfast in Mystic, you’ll be on cloud nine. Gastrophiles especially enjoy staying at our Inn for our fantastic homemade breakfast service each morning. We used seasonal and local ingredients in our favorite recipes. Diners will indulge in a mix of sweet and savory options, best enjoyed in our elegant dining room or garden veranda.
The romance continues throughout your stay from long walks on our historic property surrounded by woodlands and meadows. On a sunny day, swing in the hammock in the shade of an ancient oak or find a spot by the burbling fountain. In the evenings, curl up by the fire or run a bubble bath in our soaking jetted tubs. Our guest rooms offer the perfect reprieve for couples to unwind and relax.
Our historic bed and breakfast in Mystic offers an array of lodging options with ten guest rooms split between two buildings. The converted barn structure is home to six of our impeccable guest suites, all equipped with elegant en suite bathrooms with spa-like amenities. You’ll absolutely love retreating to your room after dinner at one of the most romantic restaurants in CT during your stay. We can’t wait to host you; book your room at our bed and breakfast in Mystic today!