Downtown Mystic is home to the world’s largest Maritime Museum, Colonial-era sea Captain’s homes, historical landmarks, and lovely local shops and restaurants. It’s a charming small town that exudes character at every turn, with church steeples off in the distance and giant ships docked in the harbor.
One of the best things about Downtown Mystic is its walkability. Find a place to park your car, and you can explore on foot for the rest of the day. Grab a boat tour and sail on the Long Island Sound looking for the Connecticut lighthouses that dot the shore and the beautiful mansions with a beachfront view. You could spend more than a day here taking in all the sights!
Luckily, the Stonecroft Country Inn, the premier Mystic Bed and Breakfast is your ideal lodging choice for an adventure in downtown Mystic. You will be just five miles from the downtown area, but you’ll be set back down a gorgeous country road tucked away for a peaceful respite. It’s the best of both worlds, right near the action but in your own quiet retreat.
Before you plan your getaway to downtown Mystic, get your reservation on the books today!
The Best Attractions in Downtown Mystic, CT
One of the best things about staying at our Connecticut Bed and Breakfast is our vicinity to all of the fantastic activities in downtown Mystic. Here’s our list of the “must-sees” during your time here:
- One of the most popular attractions in downtown Mystic is The Mystic Seaport Museum. The 1920s museum is set on 19-acres along the waterfront and marina with more than 60 historic and meticulously restored buildings. You’ll also see four vessels noted as national historical landmarks by the United States Government and a recreation of an old-time seafaring village with many points of interest.
- Setting sail with Argia Mystic Cruises for a tour of this area’s coastlines, lighthouses, and historical landmarks is one of the best things to do in downtown Mystic. You’ll get a feel for the area and take in the sights and sounds. This boat touring group has been sailing here since 1989, so you’ll be in good hands for your maritime journey.
- For those who prefer to power their own vessels, there are many options for kayak and paddleboard rentals to glide along the Mystic River. Adventure Mystic is a great spot to explore the waterway that runs through the village.
- Shopping is a must in downtown Mystic, CT. You’ll want to hit the charming local shops and galleries—there are more than 80 independently owned shops! Head to Mystic Knotwork for handmade sailor bracelets, keychains, and home decor for a genuinely nautical souvenir. Head to Tidal River Clothing Co. for appropriate boating wear for seafaring adventures.
- Dining at downtown Mystic restaurants will not disappoint; you’ll love the freshly shucked oysters with a side of clam chowder at the Oyster Club on the beautiful outdoor deck known as the Treehouse. You also won’t want to miss a stop by the Hollywood famous Mystic Pizza!
- The Mystic Aquarium is a hit with guests of all ages, and it’s one of two aquariums to host Stella sea lions in the country. Head here for the African penguins, shark touch pool, and beluga whale exhibit.
The Perfect Lodging for your Mystic Adventures
You really can’t go wrong when choosing a room at our elegant 1807 Bed and Breakfast in the countryside. Our ten guest suites are split between the 1807 House and the renovated Yellow Barn building. Most rooms have cozy fireplaces, whirlpool tubs, and deck access, while all rooms have private deluxe baths and views of our garden grounds and include our homemade breakfast each morning with only the freshest ingredients.