As we embrace love and romance throughout the month of February, we thought it’d be nice to talk about all of the romantic things to do in Mystic CT. Soon enough, signs of spring will be popping up in the gardens around the Inn, and the buzz will come back to this sleepy seaport town. In the meantime, these winter months offer the perfect opportunity to relax and unwind in the quiet comforts of Connecticut’s rural countryside without the busy crowds of summer.
At the heart of any memorable romantic getaway are your accommodations. You’d be hard-pressed to find something that offers the same warm, welcoming, and luxurious ambiance as that found at Stonecroft Country Inn. Here, you can relax and enjoy intimate conversations while curled up in front of a fireplace, quiet strolls around our scenic property or in charming downtown Mystic, a bit of shopping, romantic dinners for two, and plenty more. There’s no shortage of romantic things to do in Mystic CT! Book your room at our sensational Bed and Breakfast in Connecticut today!
Romantic Things to do in Mystic, CT
Finding romantic things to do in Mystic CT isn’t very challenging. The whimsical nature of Mystic CT, a quaint town located on the southern shores of Connecticut, is romantic in and of itself. Many people come here from major east coast cities like Boston or New York looking for a bit of peace and quiet, and a change of scenery away from the fast-paced cities they live in. But beyond just providing a quiet place to relax, Mystic is also a wonderful place to get away and reconnect.
There are plenty of romantic things to do in Mystic CT., and here are a few of our favorites!
- During certain times of the year, such as fall, when all the trees are dramatically changing color, Mystic is a wonderful place to take a scenic drive. Stop along the way and enjoy the many lighthouses, beaches, and other views.
- Stroll hand in hand as you walk through historic downtown Mystic, enjoying the great views of the river and the Bascule Bridge as you go. Stop in to do a little shopping in the wonderful stores that line downtown, grab a slice of pizza at Mystic Pizza, and then perhaps head for even more shopping at the Olde Mystik Village.
- Spending an afternoon visiting local microbreweries and wineries for tastings and intimate conversation is a great way to reconnect. It’s one of our favorite romantic things to do in Mystic CT! Try one of our local favorites, such as Stonington Vineyards.
- Try an age-old aphrodisiac at the Oyster Club. This historic clapboard house is both rustic and chic and features some of the freshest and most delicious seafood in town. If oysters don’t do it for you, there are plenty of other wonderful restaurants in downtown Mystic, many of which make for great romantic date nights!
- American’s maritime past is an important part of our collective history, and that’s on full display at the impressive Mystic Seaport Museum. The museum sits on 19-acres of the Mystic River and is touted as the largest and leading maritime museum in the country. Not only will you see vessels that are National Historic Landmarks, but you’ll see a working shipyard and a recreated 19th-century coastal village. It’s a wonderful journey through time.
- As the weather warms up, there’s nothing more romantic than getting out on the water. Sailing in Mystic’s beautiful harbor is without a doubt one of the most romantic things to do in Mystic CT. Sail aboard the 81’ classic wooden Two-Masted Gaff Topsail Schooner, Argia. The journey will take you along the scenic coastline and the surrounding islands, and is phenomenal in the midst of fall foliage season. Another option to get out on the water is to take a sailing charter with Poet’s Lounge Sailing Charters.
- Spend some time breathing deep in nature, with a walk through the Denison Pequotsepos Nature Center. There are more than 10 miles of hiking trails on this beautiful 350-acre sanctuary. It’s also a great place for birdwatching in the spring and fall, and a great place to relax, unwind and let go of your worries.
Romantic Lodging Near Mystic CT
While these romantic things to do in Mystic CT are all wonderful, we know the best romantic getaways at our Bed and Breakfast in Connecticut are filled with plenty of time to just relax, unwind, and reconnect. We’ll help you make sure you do exactly that! Romantic getaways are something of a specialty at our Mystic Bed and Breakfast, and you’ll be hard-pressed to find something as romantically indulgent as our Inn.
The four guest rooms of our 1807 house are luxuriously appointed and spacious suites, featuring wide plank floors, original historic features, and private baths. Three rooms offer wood-burning fireplaces, and without tv’s, these rooms are exceedingly romantic! The six guest rooms in our yellow barn are slightly more modern and feature gas fireplaces, whirlpool tubs, a heated towel rack, a separate shower, and all of the high-end amenities you expect from a luxury property like ours.
In the morning, join us in the dining room (socially distanced of course) for a freshly made gourmet breakfast. This multi-course treat features homemade entrees prepared with seasonal, local ingredients is the perfect way to start each morning of your stay with us. If you don’t feel like venturing much beyond our property, that’s fine, too! In fact, our grounds are just as beautiful and romantic as the accommodations.
Wander our 6-acre property, admiring the seasonal gardens, and enjoying the historic stone walls and 300 acres of conservancy woodlands that surround our Bed and Breakfast in Connecticut. In every season, there is something to be admired and enjoyed, as it sets the perfect stage for intimate conversation and plenty of time to focus on nothing but yourselves. As we’ve said before, there’s no shortage of romantic things to do in Mystic CT, and it all starts right here at our Bed and Breakfast! Book your room at our romantic Bed and Breakfast in Connecticut today!