There’s a lot to love about the state of Connecticut, and it’s the perfect place for those living in New York City, Boston, or other nearby big cities to escape. Though there are plenty of great places to visit, we think Mystic is easily one of the best places to visit in Connecticut. Perhaps it’s time you plan your next getaway here, so you can see it for yourself?
When it comes to places to stay in Mystic, there’s nothing that matches the luxury and romantic ambiance of the Stonecroft Country Inn Bed and Breakfast. We’re located less than 15 minutes outside of downtown Mystic on 2 acres of historic and beautiful land. Our Bed and Breakfast is the perfect retreat, offering 10 guest rooms in which to melt away your stress.
Apart from offering you incredible accommodations, there are more reasons Mystic is considered one of the best places to visit in Connecticut. But first, it’s time to book your room at our Mystic Bed and Breakfast!
Discover the Best Places to Visit in Connecticut
Whatever you’re looking for in a getaway, we’re sure Mystic has it. That’s in part what makes it one of the best places to visit in Connecticut! From great lodging like our Bed and Breakfast and delicious restaurants to world-class attractions like Mystic Seaport and the stunning New England coastline, what is not to love about a getaway to the charming town of Mystic CT?
Whether you’ve come to Mystic to relax and unwind in the comforts of our Bed and Breakfast, or are looking for a bit more adventure and activity in your getaway, you’ll find no shortage of things to do or places to relax while in Mystic. This ability to adapt your getaway to your personal needs is another thing that makes Mystic one of the best places to visit in Connecticut.
With 4 seasons of fun to be enjoyed in Mystic, deciding what to do will be just as hard as deciding what not to do. To help, we’ve come up with a list of a few of our favorite things to do in the area.
- Visit Mystic Seaport, which is the largest museum of its kind and the most notable and well-thought-of as well.
- Head to the Mystic Aquarium, and enjoy visiting with the Stellar Sea Lions, Beluga Whales, African Penguins, and more.
- Meander through downtown Mystic, making sure to stop and admire (and even walk over) the historic Bascule Bridge.
- Enjoy an afternoon of shopping at the Olde Mystik Village.
- Stop in for a slice of the famed Mystic Pizza – it’s notoriety is fun, but it’s pizza is delicious.
- Speaking of restaurants, Mystic is home to plenty of great restaurants.
- As the seasons begin to change, it’ll be a great time to get out on the water and see Mystic from an entirely different vantage point. There are a number of delightful boat tours to take in the area.
- Drive along the scenic coast, admiring the landscapes and lighthouses you’ll see along the way. Though it’s not technically in Mystic, visiting the Old Lighthouse Museum is worth the journey. Climb the 29 stone steps to the top gives you an exceptional panoramic view of Connecticut, New York, and Rhode Island.
- Enjoy a bit of wine tasting at local wineries and vineyards, including Stonington Vineyards.
Visit the #1 Mystic Bed and Breakfast
Finally, we come to the final reason to consider Mystic one of the best places to visit in Connecticut; our Bed and Breakfast! No getaway is great unless you have great accommodations in which to enjoy it, and that’s exactly what you’ll find at our Mystic Bed and Breakfast! Here, we offer 10 beautifully decorated guest rooms, each decorated in its own character and style. We have plenty of space for you to roam and enjoy a bit of country living, too.
Enjoy the romance of Connecticut’s historic stone walls, spend time in our seasonal gardens as we get closer to spring, relax and unwind in our many common areas, and otherwise leave the details of the weekend to us so you can relax and unwind to your fullest. It’s this, after all, that truly makes Mystic one of the best places to visit in Connecticut. Are you ready to see it for yourself? Book your room at our luxury Connecticut Bed and Breakfast today!