While we’re all about quiet walks in the woods, strolling along the New England coast, and romantic dinners overlooking the Long Island Sound, sometimes you feel like the glitz and glamour of a casino! And the Foxwoods Casino, only ten minutes from our Mystic Bed and Breakfast, has it all. In fact, the large complex includes six casinos, several restaurants (one a Hard Rock Cafe), and a luxury outlet mall with 70 shops.
Foxwoods Casino is owned and operated by the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation in Ledyard, Connecticut. The giant casino began in 1983 as a high-stakes bingo hall on the tribe’s reservation, and today it’s the third-largest casino in the United States by square footage on 200 acres. Other fun perks include a one-mile Highflyer Zipline at 350 feet and the Pequot Trail system for hikes through the Connecticut woods.
Even though there are hotel accommodations at Foxwoods Casino, you’ll have a completely different experience making our Mystic Bed and Breakfast your choice for lodging. Not only will you be nearby the Foxwoods Casino for dinner and an evening of gambling, but you can then retreat back to the solitude and quiet of our pastoral historic Inn in the Connecticut countryside. These days, staying small means staying safe, and we’d love to host you for your next getaway. Book today!
Things to do at the Foxwoods Casino near our Luxury B&B
While, of course, you’ll want to try your hand at some blackjack or poker at the Foxwoods Casino, there’s more to do than wagering your bets. You could spend an entire day here exploring the options and then head on back to our Mystic Bed and Breakfast for a cozy nightcap by the fire.
Here are six things to know about the Foxwoods Casino before you go:
- Table Games and Slot Machines: On the floor of the Foxwoods Casino, you’ll find an array of table games—including Blackjack, Roulette, Baccarat, and Craps—and more than 3,500 slot machines. The 114-table poker room is the third-largest in the US and the largest on the East Coast. Sports betting, Race Book, Bingo, and Keno are also popular possibilities to win big.
- Hard Rock Cafe: Head to this iconic restaurant for a casual meal surrounded by music memorabilia and rocking tunes. The menu offers hearty steak burgers with all of the toppings, crispy and fresh salads, appetizers for sharing, and creative cocktails.
- Cedar’s Steak & Oysters: For a more upscale dining experience at Foxwoods Casino, head to the original restaurant opened here, Cedar’s. The restaurant is in a spacious room with dark wood and Native American decor. Find traditional American steak house fare prepared with ingredients from the local bounty of Connecticut. Indulge in a chilled seafood tower with oysters, King crab legs, lobster, and more.
- Entertainment Corner: The Great Ceder Showroom at the Foxwoods Casino welcomes big names in music, comedy, and entertainment for an impressive line-up of yearly shows. Upcoming comedy acts include Jerry Seinfeld and Chelsea Handler. And concerts from Hall & Oats, REO Speedwagon, and Reba McEntire are just a handful of the exciting shows coming up.
- Shopping Options: Combine your outing to Foxwoods Casino with some retail therapy at one of the luxury brand shops, unique boutique choices, or more than 70 Tanger Outlet stores.
- More to Explore in and around the Casio: From stretching your legs on the Pequot Trail system, go-kart racing, flying high on the zipline, bowling at the High Rollers Luxury Lanes, or learning more about the culture and history of the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation at the Pequot Museum, you won’t run out of activities to fill your day at the Foxwoods Casino.
The Perfect, Cozy Lodging for Winter in Connecticut
Sometimes the best getaways from home include a diverse itinerary of quiet and relaxing activities paired with at least one evening of music, gambling, and fancy drinks. It’s a way to reset and add some flavor to your vacations. At our Mystic Bed and Breakfast, experience the rejuvenation and restful part of your journey to the utmost degree.
You’ll wake in one of our ten immaculate guest suites in the calm countryside to birdsong, beautiful pastoral views, and piping hot coffee with a complimentary homemade breakfast. Each room includes unique appointments and antique decor, high-end amenities, spa-like bathrooms, and special touches to make your stay the best it can be. Join us in Connecticut and book your next stay today!