Do you love the thrill of looking through collections of treasures, seeking those special items that call to the past? Thankfully, there’s a lovely selection of Connecticut antique shops in and near downtown Mystic for rare finds and exciting shopping opportunities. Antiquing has become a popular pastime for couples and girlfriend getaways in recent years—you never know what artifacts, furniture, and hidden gems you’ll find on these charming shop shelves.
There’s a handful of Connecticut antique shops in downtown Mystic, Stonington, and a few of the other small towns along the Long Island Sound. As a guest at our Mystic Bed and Breakfast, you’ll be in an excellent location to head out and explore the antiquing options. Start your day with a complimentary and delightful breakfast at the Inn before you set out on your adventures!
Anyone who enjoys looking for antiques and relics of the past will love lodging at the Stonecroft Country Inn. Our 1807 manor house is filled with treasures and architectural details: original wide plank wood floors, wood-burning fireplaces, and more. Our property is surrounded by centuries-old stone walls, and stately ancient trees dot the garden grounds. And while we’ve maintained a historic feel, you’ll appreciate our modern updates and amenities. Book your room today!
Rare Finds at these Connecticut Antique Shops
Whether you have a long list of items you’ve been searching for or just let the wind take you as you shop, the Connecticut antique shops are filled with beautiful treasures and rare finds. From costume jewelry to showpieces, vintage memorabilia, and maritime relics, there’s no shortage of connections to the past and items to add to your collections.
Here are five great Connecticut antique shops to visit during your stay:
- MINE in Mystic: This quirky shop has a rotating inventory of used and new items for some really fun finds in downtown Mystic.
- Mystic Nautical Marine Consignment: This is one of the best Connecticut antique shops for those interested in marine and nautical collections. Some of its most popular items include mermaid and pirate decor, anchors, and brass marine parts.
- Holly Hock Farm Antiques: This high-end antique consignment shop has operated for over 40 years in Old Mystic. If you’re looking for antique furniture, you’ll want to add this shop to your list.
- 21st Century Antiques: The tagline here is “Art. Vintage. Modern.” For showpieces and furniture, this is one of the best Connecticut for rare finds.
- The PAST Antiques Marketplace: Just about 25 minutes from Mystic, this is one of the Connecticut antique stores located at the Nature’s Art Village in Oakdale. You’ll find 14,000 square feet to explore over 90 vendors with collectibles, art, and vintage clothing.
The Most Romantic Mystic Bed and Breakfast
The Connecticut antique shops are such a lovely treat! There’s no better place to return after an exhilarating shopping trip than our Mystic Bed and Breakfast. Not only is our property the perfect blend of history meets modern day, but you’ll be welcomed with open arms by our experienced and kind Innkeepers and staff. You’ll even meet Tanner, the resident golden doodle, who loves to greet guests upon arrival.
Our Inn is split between two buildings, offering an array of lodging options. The 1807 House at our Mysti Bed and Breakfast has four common rooms, six fireplaces, and four exceptional guest rooms with wide plank floors, original historic features, and private baths. The Yellow Barn (previously called the Grange) is an 8,000-square-foot converted post and beam barn. Which holds our dining room space and six luxurious, air-conditioned suites with gas fireplaces, widescreen televisions, free Wi-Fi, whirlpool tubs, and deck access overlooking the gardens.
In past reviews of staying at our Mystic Bed and Breakfasts, our previous guests often call out our delicious and relaxing breakfast service as a bonus of staying at the Inn. Our dining room is a lovely and calming space to start the day, and what’s better than being cooked for on vacation? We love creating flavorful and wholesome meals with seasonal ingredients, and we’re more than happy to cater to dietary restrictions with advance notice. Start planning your next adventure to Mystic, and book your room today!