Are you planning an upcoming romantic getaway or special anniversary? There are so many fun things to do for couples in CT—especially in the charming small town of Mystic. It’s a beautiful coastal town in New England located on the Long Island Sound—from boat rides and museums to dining out and shopping. There’s a magical quality to our area; the atmosphere is the perfect backdrop for weekend getaways and special celebratory trips!
Whether you enjoy spending your time together outdoors on hiking trails, exploring historic sites, or splurging on elegant dinners, you’ll find it all in Mystic. A key element to romantic getaways is your lodging choice, and the Stonecroft Country Inn is the perfect place to stay; we’d even venture to say it’s one of the best things to do for couples in CT!
When you choose our romantic Mystic Bed and Breakfast as your home base, you can rest knowing that you’ll have the perfect respite after exploring the area. Your mornings will be peaceful and quiet with freshly brewed coffee and breakfast made from scratch on-site for you. You can take your time to relax and stroll in our garden grounds and surrounding conservation woodlands. When you’re ready to head out, we’re in the ideal location, just a quick drive to the best adventures. Our romantic guest suites will truly set the tone for your getaway. Start planning and book your room today!
The Best Things to Do for Couples in CT for Romance
There’s a long list of things to do for couples in CT, many of which are in Mystic. From incredible sightseeing and world-class museums to delicious dining options and lively bars, you’ll have excellent opportunities for date nights and romantic outings. For those heading here with romance in mind, be sure to add one of our enhancement packages to your lodging, and we can have wine, flowers, and treats awaiting your arrival!
Here are a few of our favorite things to do for couples in CT near our Mystic Bed and Breakfast:
- Explore the Mystic Seaport Museum: While not all museums could be considered exciting date spots, this maritime museum offers a lovely array of exhibits and activities. You’ll especially love strolling hand in hand through the historic recreation of an original seafaring village.
- Visit the Sea Lions at the Mystic Aquarium: Known as one of the best aquariums in the US, head here for the trained sea lions, beluga whales, and African penguins—watching these fascinating marine mammals is one of the best things to do for couples in Mystic, CT!
- Hiking at Denison Pequotsepos Nature Center: There are more than 10 miles of hiking trails on this beautiful 350-acre sanctuary. It’s also an excellent place for birdwatching in the spring and fall and a great place to relax, unwind, and breathe in the fresh air.
- Wine Tasting at Stonington Vineyards: Spending an afternoon visiting local microbreweries and wineries for tastings and intimate conversation is a great way to reconnect. It’s one of our favorite romantic things to do for couples in CT near Mystic! Try one of our local favorites, such as Stonington Vineyards.
- Happy Hour at the Oyster Club: This historic clapboard house is rustic and chic and features some of the town’s freshest and most delicious seafood. Oysters are the perfect appetizer for date night! Happy hour is seven days a week in the bar from 4 to 5 p.m.
- Dinner and Drinks at Port of Call: You’ll find the global award-winning culinary options paired with creative craft cocktails at Port of Call upstairs, while down below deck, The Dive, offers a casual pub with shuffleboard and arcade games.
- Shopping at Olde Mistick Village: Looking for the perfect gift to commemorate your romantic getaway? This charming open-air shopping square offers many local businesses for clothing, jewelry, books, culinary gear, and so much more.
- Hop Aboard a Chartered Cruise: While heading out on the water is more of a warm weather activity, if you’re here when the sun is out you’ll love hopping aboard the Argia Mystic Cruise or book a more private sailing with Poet’s Lounge Sailing Charters. This is one of the especially romantic things to do for couples in CT!
Romantic Lodging at our Mystic Bed and Breakfast
One of the ultimate things to do for couples in CT is stay at our historic and incredibly romantic Mystic Bed and Breakfast. It’s the perfect lodging option for reconnecting, rekindling, and relishing each other’s time and company. We offer ten guest rooms split between two impressive structures: our 1807 manor house and our newly remodeled yellow barn building. Couples can choose from rooms that exude a historical air with wide plank floors, antiques, and elegant touches from the past or a more modern style with clean lines and unique decor.
Whichever guest room you choose, you’ll be privy to our warm and welcoming hospitality throughout your stay—you’ll see quickly that, as Innkeepers, we strive for every guest and couple to enjoy themselves to the fullest during their stay. This is always especially apparent at our breakfast service each morning, with a lovely meal prepared with care. Join us in the dining room for a delicious AM feast before you head out to explore the things to do for couples in CT nearby. Make a reservation at our Mystic Bed and Breakfast today!