Any time you come to Connecticut, you’ll want to enjoy our bounty of fresh seafood the waterfront locale affords, and these Mystic Restaurants are a great place to do just that. You’ll find every style of dining in our charming village, from casual fish and chips joints, elegant fine-dining establishments and fantastic happy hour menus. Downtown Mystic is a lovely place to explore, even more so after a creative, craft cocktail!
As a guest at our Connecticut Bed and Breakfast, allow us to take care of your morning meal, always included with our elegant and comfortable lodging accommodations. We offer light and decadent options using seasonal ingredients and tried and true recipes. It’s the best way to start your day before heading out to the beautiful Connecticut State Parks, Mystic Seaport Museum, or shopping at Old Mistick Village.
Start planning your next culinary adventure at these Mystic restaurants and get your next vacation on the books today!
Seafood Feasts at these Mystic Restaurants
Vacations are about trying new things and indulging, and these Mystic restaurants are the perfect venue for dining and decadence. Many of these spaces also offer incredible water views!
Here are our ten best Mystic restaurants to check out on your next getaway to Connecticut:
- Oyster Club: There are two dining experiences at this restaurant in Mystic: a rustic carriage house turned seafood cafe, and an outdoor area perched on the hill surrounded by trees, called the Treehouse. The happy hour specials are a favorite for locals and tourists alike, including half-off oysters and great drink specials.
- Shipwright’s Daughter: A reasonably new addition to the list of fantastic Mystic restaurants, this spot in the Whaler’s Inn showcases produce from nearby farms and seafood from local fishermen. The menu changes almost daily, but look for favorites like lobster toast, beet pickled deviled eggs, and crispy fried oysters.
- Noble Smokehouse: Pop by this new barbeque spot in downtown Mystic for smoky pork belly burnt ends, chopped brisket nachos, and creamy poblano corn chowder. A great lunch spot!
- Via Emilia Ristorante: For homemade pasta and sauces, flavorful vegetable dishes, and delicate fish and meaty mains, this Italian restaurant is a lovely place for a romantic dinner for two.
- Bravo Bravo: Dine in the casual elegance of this local Italian spot, serving scratch-made pasta and sauces. Be sure to check out the cocktail list for creative takes on the old classics, and don’t miss the fried calamari.
- S&P Oyster Restaurant: This is one of the Mystic restaurants with a fantastic patio nestled right along the Mystic River. Take in the shimmering water views while dining on chilled seafood starters, lobster alfredo, or dry-aged ribeye steaks.
- Red 36: This bright and airy space is ideal for a seafood-focused feast with stunning water views. Right on the seaport marina, they welcome those coming in by boat as well. It doesn’t get more New England chic than that!
- Anthony J’s Bistro: This longtime seafood house offers classic elegant Italian options like lobster ravioli and housemade lasagna for upscale dining right on the waterfront. The patio space is romantic and welcoming for a remarkable dinner al fresco.
- Captain Daniel Packer Inne: Located in a 250-year-old historic home, this stalwart dining destination in Mystic is known for its elegant dinners upstairs and its bustling bar area downstairs. If you’re lucky, you’ll end up at this English pub on a night with live music.
- Engine Room: If you’re in the mood for American-style comfort food, then this is the right pick of all the Mystic restaurants for you. Burgers, beer, and bourbon are just the ticket for a full belly and a great time.
Romantic Lodging at our Mystic Bed and Breakfast
Our historic Mystic Bed and Breakfast is the ultimate retreat in the New England countryside. Your lodging becomes the destination and an essential part of your travel experience when you stay with us. The ten guest suites are designed for relaxation and a quiet reprieve from city life. While nestled in the serene farmlands of Connecticut, you’ll only be ten minutes from all of the action of downtown Mystic for dining at these fantastic Mystic restaurants, shopping, and seafaring adventures.
Join us for a lovely getaway to Connecticut and book your stay at the Stonecroft Country Inn today!