Wine tasting in the gorgeous Connecticut countryside, exploring old ships and lighthouses along the coast, and kayaking on the calm Mystic River are just a handful of the best things to do in Mystic CT this summer. This area of New England is a perfect nearby escape from busy, everyday life in the city for a quiet and serene getaway. Downtown Mystic is a lovely place for sightseeing, shopping, and dining. And that’s just the beginning!
First things first, one of the best things to do in Mystic CT this summer is book your stay at the Stonecroft Country Inn—our charming historic Bed and Breakfast is just minutes from downtown Mystic CT. Once your lodging is secure, you’ll be all set to start planning your daily itineraries on your journey…(or not, if you take a more relaxed and spontaneous approach to your getaways.) Either way, it’s good practice to have some insider knowledge about your destination.
Our Mystic Bed and Breakfast is located in a beautiful part of Connecticut. Picture rolling fields of green, lush forests, expansive coastlines and waterways, and historical architecture. Some of the best things to do in Mystic CT are minutes from our Inn, but you’ll feel a world away in the countryside. Each of our guest rooms are unique and private with modern amenities and appointments. Book your room today, we can’t wait to host you!
These are the Best Things to do in Mystic CT this Summer
Once you’ve decided on the dates and lodging for your vacation in Mystic, Connecticut, then the fun begins. Summer time in this part of New England is one of the most magical seasons—warm temperatures bring the beaches and waterways to life and the cool evening breezes off the river make outdoor dining and picnics heavenly.
Here at the 8 best things to do in Mystic CT this summer:
- There’s a lot of culture and history to explore in downtown Mystic. Be sure to visit the Mystic Seaport Museum, a 19-acre living museum that will transport you back to a 1920s New England coastal village, historical maritime vessels and all. Also, plan a stroll through the Mystic Art Museum for works from local and historic artists. If you want to continue exploring the museums of this area, check here for a comprehensive list.
- One of the all time best things to do in Mystic CT is take a ride along the Connecticut Wine Trail. You’ll find an amazing selection from the collection of 26 wineries and many are not far from our Bed and Breakfast.
- Dining at downtown Mystic restaurants will not disappoint! One of the best things to do in Mystic CT is shoot freshly shucked bivalves with a side of clam chowder at the Oyster Club on the beautiful outdoor deck dubbed the Treehouse. For more dining recommendations, check here.
- You’ll want to check out some of the awesome downtown Mystic brew pubs while you’re here. Get cozy in a colorful Adirondack chair on the outdoor patio at Barley Head Brewery with one of their freshly brewed IPAs. Then hop over to the beer garden at the Jealous Monk for 32 craft brews on draft and a full food menu for share plates and baskets of fish and chips.
- Setting sail with Argia Mystic Cruises for a tour of the coastlines, lighthouses, and historic landmarks of this area is one of the best things to do in Mystic CT to get a real feel for the area and take in the sights and sounds. The touring group has been sailing here since 1989, so you’ll be in good hands for your maritime journey.
- For those who prefer smaller self-powered vessels, there are many opportunities for kayaking and paddle-boarding adventures in Mystic CT. Adventure Mystic has kayaks, paddle boards, and bikes for rent to explore the area, as well as lessons for those who may need a brush up. For a one-of-a-kind tour, book with Mystic Boat Adventures, for a guided tour of the Mystic shoreline where you’re the captain of your own two-person boat.
- A summertime getaway to Connecticut wouldn’t be complete without a trip to the beach! Pack up a picnic lunch, bring your suit and towel, and get ready to enjoy the cool crisp water of the Long Island Sound or the Mystic River. Williams Beach in Mystic offers calm waters and a white sand beach perfect for sunbathing and relaxing.
- One of the best things to do in Mystic CT is visit the charming local shops or the weekly Farmer’s Market. For a truly nautical souvenir, head to Mystic Knotwork for handmade sailor bracelets, keychains, and home decor. If you forgot to pack some appropriate wear for your boating adventures, hit Tidal River Clothing Co. and you’ll fit right in.
Experience Luxury Lodging at Our Mystic Bed and Breakfast
You really can’t go wrong when picking a room at our charming and elegant 1807 Bed and Breakfast in the countryside. Our 10 guest suites are split between the 1807 House and the renovated Yellow Barn building. Many rooms have cozy fireplaces, whirlpool tubs, and deck access, while all rooms have private deluxe baths, amazing nature views, and include our full gourmet breakfast each morning.
During these times of transition in the world, at our Mystic Bed and Breakfast we’re still taking all the necessary precautions to protect our guests and staff. To stay small, is to stay safe and secure. There’s no worry of unexpected crowds and you’ll have space and room to feel free and keep a comfortable social distance as you see fit. Here’s to an amazing summer getaway full of fun outdoor activities in the fresh country air. Book your room with us today!